Advent calendars are a fun way to count down to the holidays. They bring a sense of anticipation and excitement as each day passes. Making your own advent calendar with woodworking can be a great way to add a unique, personal touch to the holiday season. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to make a wooden advent calendar that you can treasure for years to come.
Materials & Tools:
• Wood: You’ll need thin wood panels to make your advent calendar. The size will depend on how big you want your calendar to be.
• Paint: Depending on what design you want, you’ll need to pick a few different colors of paint.
• Wood glue: This will help to hold your pieces together.
• Sandpaper: This will help you to smooth out any rough edges.
• Circular saw: This will help you to cut your wood panels to the desired size and shape.
• Drill: This will help you to make holes in the wood for hanging and for the doors.
• Nails: These will be used to hang the calendar.
• Hinges: These will help to hold the doors to the calendar.
1. Decide on a design: You’ll need to decide on a design for your advent calendar. Think about the colors, shapes, and patterns you want to use.
2. Cut the wood: Use a circular saw to cut the wood to the desired size and shape. Make sure to measure twice and cut once.
3. Sand the wood: Use sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges.
4. Paint the wood: Paint the wood in the colors and patterns you chose for your design.
5. Glue the pieces together: Use wood glue to secure the pieces together.
6. Drill holes: Use a drill to make holes in the wood for the doors and for hanging.
7. Add hinges: Use hinges to attach the doors to the calendar.
8. Add nails: Use nails to hang the calendar.
Making your own wooden advent calendar is a great way to add a unique, personal touch to your holiday season. With the right materials and tools, you can create a beautiful calendar that can be enjoyed for years to come. We hope this guide has provided you with the information you need to make your own wooden advent calendar. Happy crafting!
1. Gather the materials you need for the project. This includes wood, glue, saw, drill, screws, sandpaper, paint, and any other decorations you wish to include.
2. Cut the wood into the desired size and shape for the calendar. You will need 24 boxes, one for each day of the month.
3. Sand the wood to make it smooth.
4. Drill holes for the screws that will attach the boxes together.
5. Assemble the boxes by attaching the screws.
6. Paint the boxes with the desired colors.
7. Decorate the boxes with decorations such as ribbon, stickers, or glitter.
8. Glue the decorations onto the boxes.
9. Hang the calendar and fill the boxes with treats or trinkets.
20 Ideas for Filling a Homemade Advent Calendar
1. Paper Chain Countdown: Cut strips of colored paper and write an activity on each one. Each day, the family can rip off one strip to reveal the activity of the day.
2. Candy or Treats: Fill each pocket with a piece of candy or a small treat.
3. Christmas Books: Wrap a new Christmas book each day and read it together as a family.
4. Christmas Movies: Rent or buy a new Christmas movie each day and watch it together as a family.
5. Christmas Crafts: Each day reveal a new craft project to work on together as a family.
6. Christmas Games: Include instructions for a new game to play each day.
7. Christmas Recipes: Include instructions for a new recipe to make each day.
8. Christmas Songs: Include instructions for a new Christmas song to learn each day.
9. Christmas Quotes: Include a quote from the Bible or a famous person each day.
10. Christmas Jokes: Include a new Christmas joke each day.
11. Christmas Pictures: Include a new Christmas picture each day.
12. Christmas Puzzles: Include a new crossword or word search puzzle each day.
13. Christmas Trivia: Include a new Christmas trivia question each day.
14. Christmas Charades: Include instructions for a new Christmas charades game each day.
15. Christmas Memory Game: Include instructions for a new Christmas memory game each day.
16. Christmas Scavenger Hunt: Include instructions for a new Christmas scavenger hunt each day.
17. Christmas Bingo: Include instructions for a new Christmas bingo game each day.
18. Christmas I Spy: Include instructions for a new Christmas I Spy game each day.
19. Christmas Story Time: Include a new Christmas story each day.
20. Christmas Cards: Have each family member write a note or draw a picture to put in the calendar each day.
DIY Guide: How to Make Your Own Wooden Advent Calendar
A wooden advent calendar is a fun and festive way to count down the days until Christmas and makes a great homemade gift. Making your own wooden advent calendar is a great way to get creative and bring a unique and personalized touch to the holiday season.
– Wood (plywood or a thicker hardwood is best for a sturdier product)
– Jig saw
– 24 small boxes or drawers
– Stencils, stickers, or other decorations (optional)
1. Measure and mark out a rectangle on the wood with a ruler and pencil.
2. Cut out the rectangle with a jigsaw.
3. Sand down the edges to remove any rough spots.
4. Paint the wood in the color of your choice.
5. Attach the 24 small boxes or drawers to the painted wood, making sure to space them evenly. Use nails and a hammer to secure them in place.
6. Once the boxes or drawers are in place, you can decorate your advent calendar with stencils, stickers, or other decorations.
7. Fill the drawers or boxes with treats or small gifts and enjoy your homemade wooden advent calendar!
DIY Advent Calendar: How to Make a Countdown to Christmas with Disposable Cups
DIY advent calendars are a fun way to count down to Christmas! This project is simple, inexpensive and can be made with items you likely already have around the house.
– 24 disposable cups (coffee cups, solo cups, paper cups, etc.)
– Pen or marker
– Tape or glue
– Decorations (ribbon, glitter, stickers, etc.)
– Treats, small toys, or other items of your choice
1. Start by numbering the cups from 1 to 24. Use a pen or marker to write a number on the bottom of each cup.
2. Cut a slit in the top of each cup. Make the slit large enough for the treats or toys to fit through.
3. Decorate the cups. You can use decorations such as ribbon, glitter, stickers, etc. to make the cups more festive.
4. Fill the cups with treats, small toys, or other items of your choice. Place one item in each cup.
5. Place the cups in order, from 1 to 24. Use tape or glue to secure them in place.
6. Hang the advent calendar on the wall or in a doorway. You can also place it on a tabletop or display it in another way.
7. Enjoy counting down to Christmas with your DIY advent calendar!
Which Is Better: Opening 1 or 25 on an Advent Calendar?
Advent calendars usually feature small boxes or doors that open to reveal a treat or small gift. The choice between opening 1 or 25 on an Advent calendar is a personal preference. Some people might prefer to open one a day, while others might prefer to open all of the boxes at once.
Opening one a day allows you to savor the anticipation of the calendar, and makes the countdown to Christmas more special. It can also be a fun tradition to do with family and friends.
Opening all of the boxes at once gives you the satisfaction of getting all of the treats or gifts at once. It can also be a nice way to spread out your gifts or treats throughout the holiday season.
Ultimately, the choice between opening 1 or 25 on an Advent calendar is up to you and your preferences.
Create Your Own Unique Advent Calendar Boxes – Get Started Today!
Advent calendars are a fun way to count down to Christmas, and creating your own unique advent calendar boxes is a great way to make the experience even more special. Creating your own unique advent calendar boxes is a great project for kids and adults alike, as it allows you to add your own personal touches to the traditional advent calendar.
To get started, you’ll need to decide on a base for your boxes. Cardboard boxes, cardboard tubes, or even small plastic containers are all great options. Once you’ve chosen the base, you’ll need to find the decorations to make your boxes unique. You can use a variety of materials, such as wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, fabric, ribbon, and more to decorate the boxes. You can also add small items, such as candy, stickers, or even small toys to the boxes for added fun.
When your boxes are complete, you can begin filling them with items for each day of the advent calendar. This can include candy, small toys, or even messages or activities for each day. Once you’ve filled all the boxes, you’re ready to hang them up and enjoy the countdown to Christmas.
24 Ideas for the Perfect Advent Calendar: What to Put Inside
Advent calendars are a great way to get into the spirit of the holiday season. Here are 24 ideas for what to put inside your Advent calendar:
1. Chocolate: A classic treat for any holiday season.
2. Mini Toys: Small toys like figurines, toy cars, and rubber ducks can make for great surprises.
3. Special Notes: Write encouraging and uplifting messages for each day of Advent.
4. Stickers: Give a different sticker each day!
5. Felt Ornaments: Cut out a felt ornament for each day and hang them up on a tree.
6. Gift Cards: Give someone a surprise gift card each day.
7. Craft Supplies: Put together craft supplies like pipe cleaners, stickers, and googly eyes for a creative Advent calendar.
8. Candies: Fill each day with a different type of candy.
9. Play Dough: A great way for kids to have fun during the holiday season.
10. Puzzles: Puzzles can be a fun way to pass the time.
11. Christmas Charms: Give a small charm for each day of Advent.
12. Christmas Movies: A movie to watch each day could help get into the festive spirit.
13. Crosswords: Give a crossword or word search each day.
14. Building Blocks: These can be a great way for kids to create something new each day.
15. Christmas Figurines: Give a small figurine each day, like Santa, a snowman, or an elf.
16. Hot Cocoa Mix: A fun way to make a festive drink.
17. Model Cars: Put together a model car each day.
18. Flashlight: A fun way to make a light up the holiday nights.
19. Art Supplies: Colorful markers, crayons, and colored pencils are great for kids.
20. Coins: Give a coin for each day of Advent.
21. Jewelry: Give a small piece of jewelry each day.
22. Stamps: Collectible stamps make for a great surprise.
23. Mini Books: Small books can be a great way to pass the time.
24. Keychains: Give a keychain for each day of Advent.
Advent Calendars 2023: Shop for the Best Christmas Countdown Deals
Advent calendars are a popular tradition for counting down the days until Christmas. Many people enjoy opening a window each day of December to reveal a small gift or treat.
Shopping for Advent calendars has become an increasingly popular activity, with many stores and websites offering a variety of different options. Some offer traditional calendars that feature chocolate or other treats, while others offer unique items like beauty products, toys, and even subscription boxes.
When shopping for Advent calendars, be sure to check the expiration dates on any food items to ensure they will still be fresh by the time Christmas arrives. If you’re buying a calendar that includes toys or other items, make sure they’re appropriate for the recipient.
For 2023, many stores and websites have already begun listing Advent calendars for sale. Popular options include calendars from Kinder, Ferrero, and Lindt, as well as subscription boxes from companies like Amazon, Birchbox, and so on. Prices vary depending on the type of calendar and the items included, but many are reasonably priced.
When shopping for Advent calendars, be sure to compare prices and read customer reviews to make sure you’re getting the best deal. There are also online communities dedicated to Advent calendars, so you can get advice from other shoppers on which calendars are the best.
This guide is a great resource for anyone who is looking to create an advent calendar. It provides step-by-step instructions to make the calendar, including detailed instructions on how to assemble the calendar and decorations. It also includes helpful tips for creating a unique and festive advent calendar. Overall, this guide provides a great foundation for creating a beautiful advent calendar that your family and friends will enjoy. My recommendation would be to get creative and add your own personal touches to make it even more special.
1. Gather the necessary materials for the project, such as wood, fasteners, paint, and other accessories.
2. Measure and cut the wood pieces using a saw.
3. Sand the wood pieces to create a smooth surface.
4. Assemble the pieces together using glue and fasteners.
5. Paint the wood pieces, if desired.
6. Create the desired design and decorations on the wood pieces using woodburning tools or paints.
7. Install the doors and drawers, if desired.
8. Attach the doors and drawers to the calendar with hinges, if necessary.
9. Add a hook or loop to the back of the calendar to hang it up.
10. Fill the drawers with treats, trinkets, or small gifts to use as the advent calendar.