Woodworking is a creative and rewarding hobby that can be used to create a variety of products, including cell phone stands. Having a phone stand can make it easier to view and use your phone, which can be particularly helpful in the kitchen or on your desk. This guide will explain how to make a wood cell phone stand from scratch, including the materials and tools required, the steps to take, and tips for success.
The materials you’ll need to make a wood cell phone stand include:
– Wood (1/4 thick): enough to create two pieces that measure 4 x 6 and two pieces that measure 3 x 4
– Wood glue
– Drill and drill bit (1/8 bit)
You’ll need the following tools to make a wood cell phone stand:
– Table saw
– Miter saw
– Power drill
– Wood glue
1. Cut the four pieces of wood to the required size with a table saw or miter saw.
2. Sand the pieces of wood to smooth them out.
3. Glue the two pieces of wood that measure 4 x 6 together and clamp them together until the glue is dry.
4. Drill a 1/8 hole in the center of the two pieces of wood that measure 3 x 4.
5. Glue the two pieces of wood that measure 3 x 4 together and clamp them together until the glue is dry.
6. Place the two pieces of wood that measure 4 x 6 together and line up the drilled hole in the center of the two pieces of wood that measure 3 x 4.
7. Hammer the two pieces of wood that measure 3 x 4 in place and secure with wood glue.
8. Sand the entire surface of the cell phone stand to ensure a smooth finish.
– Choose wood that is durable and easy to work with, such as pine or oak.
– Use clamps to ensure a tight fit when gluing the pieces of wood together.
– Take your time when drilling and hammering to ensure accuracy.
– Sand the entire surface of the stand to ensure a smooth finish.
Making a wood cell phone stand is a great way to add a useful and decorative item to your home. With the right materials, tools, and steps, you can create a sturdy and attractive stand that will make your phone easier to access and use.
1. Gather the materials and tools you need to make the stand, such as a saw, drill, sandpaper, wood glue, clamps, and a piece of wood.
2. Measure and mark the wood to the desired size for the stand, making sure to leave enough space for the phone to fit.
3. Cut the wood with a saw to the marked size.
4. Drill two holes into the wood for the phone to rest on.
5. Sand down the wood to create a smooth surface.
6. Apply wood glue to the inside of the drilled holes and insert two dowels into the holes.
7. Clamp the wood together and let the glue dry.
8. Sand the dowels so that they are flush with the surface of the wood.
9. Apply a finish of your choice to the wood, such as a stain or paint.
10. Place the phone onto the stand and enjoy!
DIY Phone Stand: How to Make a Homemade Stand for Your Phone
A DIY phone stand is an easy way to make a homemade stand for your phone. It can be used to prop up the phone for hands-free use, or to hold the phone in place for better viewing or taking photos.
– Pen or Pencil
1. Gather your materials.
2. Cut a piece of cardboard into a rectangular shape, making sure the length is slightly longer than the width.
3. Fold the cardboard in half lengthwise, then use a ruler and a pen or pencil to draw a line across the fold.
4. Cut along the line you drew, so you have two equal-sized rectangles.
5. Take one of the rectangles and fold it in half widthwise, then draw a line across the fold.
6. Cut along the line you drew, so you now have two equal-sized pieces.
7. Take one of the pieces and draw two lines across the bottom, about a quarter of an inch apart.
8. Cut along the lines you drew, so you now have two equal-sized pieces with a small gap in the middle.
9. Take one of the pieces and fold it in half widthwise, then draw a line across the fold.
10. Cut along the line you drew, so you now have two equal-sized pieces with a small gap in the middle.
11. Take one of the pieces and fold it in half lengthwise, then draw a line across the fold.
12. Cut along the line you drew, so you now have four equal-sized pieces with a small gap in the middle.
13. Place the four pieces together to form a square.
14. Glue the pieces together to form a solid base.
15. Place your phone on the stand and adjust the angles to get the perfect viewing angle.
7 DIY Phone Stand Alternatives You Can Easily Make Yourself
1. Lego Phone Stand: This DIY phone stand requires just a few Lego pieces to make. Simply grab some Lego bricks, and construct a small, rectangular stand. Then use the Lego pieces to hold up your phone.
2. Paper Towel Roll Stand: Make a simple stand for your phone using a paper towel roll. Cut two small slots into the roll and slide in your phone. This is an easy, inexpensive way to make a stand.
3. Cardboard Stand: Cut a piece of cardboard into a triangle shape and make two small slots in the top. Slide your phone into the slots and you have a stand.
4. Rubber Band Stand: This one takes a bit of creativity, but it’s easy to make. Wrap two rubber bands around your phone and place a book on top. The rubber bands will hold the book in place and create a stand.
5. Hair Tie Stand: This DIY stand requires just a hair tie. Simply wrap the hair tie around your phone and then loop it through itself. This creates a stand that you can adjust to the perfect angle.
6. Pen and Pencil Stand: This is a great one if you’re always on the go. Take a pen and a pencil and place them next to each other. Wrap a rubber band around them and then slide your phone into the rubber band.
7. Binder Clip Stand: This is a great one for those who need a more secure stand. Take a binder clip and clip it onto the back of your phone. Then you can adjust the clip to the perfect angle for your phone.
This guide was an excellent resource for learning how to make a wooden cell phone stand. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and the materials needed were clearly outlined. I would recommend this guide to anyone looking to make their own wooden cell phone stand. The final product looks great and should last for years.
1. Gather the necessary materials, such as wood, glue, screws, a drill and a saw.
2. Cut the wood into two rectangular pieces with the saw, making sure each piece is the same size.
3. Drill two holes in each piece of wood, spaced the same distance apart.
4. Place the two pieces of wood together, lining up the holes.
5. Secure the pieces together with screws.
6. Glue the edges of the wood together for extra strength.
7. Cut a piece of wood into a triangular shape for the stand.
8. Drill a hole in the triangular piece and secure it to the two rectangular pieces with screws.
9. Sand down any rough edges and apply a finish to the wood.
10. Your wood cell phone stand is now ready to use!