Making a unique porch swing bird feeder is a fun and creative way to make a beautiful piece of outdoor decor. It adds a touch of whimsy to any outdoor space and can be a great way to attract birds and other wildlife to your yard. This guide will provide step-by-step instructions on how to make a unique porch swing bird feeder using woodworking techniques.
• 3/4” Plywood
• 1/2” Plywood
• Wood screws
• Paint or stain
• Bird seed
• Table saw
• Circular saw
• Measuring tape
1. Measure and cut the 2×4’s to the desired length for the frame of the porch swing bird feeder.
2. Measure and cut the 2×6’s to the desired length for the seat of the porch swing bird feeder.
3. Measure and cut the 2×8’s to the desired length for the arms of the porch swing bird feeder.
4. Measure and cut the 3/4” plywood to the desired size for the back of the porch swing bird feeder.
5. Measure and cut the 1/2” plywood to the desired size for the bottom of the porch swing bird feeder.
6. Sand all of the pieces down with sandpaper to remove any rough edges.
7. Assemble the frame of the porch swing bird feeder using wood screws.
8. Attach the seat, arms, back, and bottom to the frame using wood screws and hinges.
9. Drill holes in the top of the back panel to allow for the bird seed to be put in.
10. Attach hooks to the arms of the porch swing bird feeder.
11. Paint or stain the porch swing bird feeder to the desired finish.
12. Fill the bird feeder with bird seed and hang it in a desired location.
Making a unique porch swing bird feeder is a fun and creative woodworking project that can be done with a few simple tools and materials. With a few simple instructions, you can create a beautiful and unique piece of outdoor decor that will attract birds and other wildlife to your yard.
1. Gather the materials needed for the project, including all the wood, screws, paint, and bird feeder accessories.
2. Cut the wood pieces to size according to the plans.
3. Assemble the frame of the bird feeder using screws, making sure to predrill holes for the screws so the wood does not split.
4. Attach the swing arm to the frame using screws, making sure it is secure.
5. Paint the frame and arm with a weatherproof paint.
6. Attach the bird feeder accessories to the frame using screws, making sure it is secure.
7. Attach the chain to the swing arm using screws, making sure it is secure.
8. Hang the bird feeder from a sturdy tree branch or other structure.
9. Fill the bird feeder with bird seed and enjoy watching the birds come and go!
DIY Guide: How to Make a Simple Platform Bird Feeder
This DIY guide will help you create a simple platform bird feeder to attract birds to your backyard. You will need the following materials:
• Plywood – 1/2” thick
• Deck screws
Step 1: Cut the plywood into two 10” x 10” squares using a jigsaw.
Step 2: Place the two squares together and use deck screws to secure them in place.
Step 3: Turn the squares over and use a hammer to nail two 12” pieces of wood around the perimeter of the squares.
Step 4: Paint the bird feeder in any color you like.
Step 5: Place birdseed in the center of the bird feeder and hang it in a tree or near a window.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a simple platform bird feeder. Enjoy watching the birds come to it and feed.
This guide provides an easy and fun way to make a unique porch swing bird feeder. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and with the right materials, you can make a great bird feeder with minimal effort. The added benefit of being able to hang the feeder from a porch swing is a nice touch, and it is sure to be a hit with your feathered friends. Overall, this is a great guide to making a unique porch swing bird feeder, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to make a custom bird feeder.
1. Start by cutting two pieces of wood to the desired size and shape for the base of the bird feeder.
2. Drill two holes in each piece of wood, making sure the holes are aligned and the distance between them is equal.
3. Connect the two pieces of wood with a strong rope or chain, making sure it is securely fastened.
4. Attach a hook to the top of the swing to hang your bird feeder from.
5. Cut a piece of wood for the sides of the bird feeder, making sure it is slightly larger than the base of the feeder.
6. Secure the sides of the bird feeder to the base with nails or screws.
7. Add a roof to the bird feeder for protection from the rain.
8. Finally, fill the bird feeder with bird seed and hang it from the hook. Enjoy watching the birds from your unique porch swing bird feeder!