Creating a three tier planter out of wood is a great way to add an artistic touch to your outdoor space. Whether you’re a beginner woodworker or an experienced craftsman, this simple project will get you started. With a few tools and materials, you can make a beautiful planter to enhance your garden.
-Wood of your choice (pine, cedar, or redwood all work well)
-3 galvanized steel planter boxes
-Exterior grade wood screws
Step 1: Measure and Cut the Wood
Using your tape measure, measure and mark the length and width of the wood you’ve chosen. Cut the pieces to size with the circular and miter saws. Depending on the size of the planter you’re making, you may need to cut the wood into several pieces.
Step 2: Assemble and Secure the Wood
Using the wood screws, secure the pieces of wood into the shape of a frame. Make sure the screws are driven into the wood at an angle so that the wood is securely fastened.
Step 3: Attach the Planter Boxes
Attach the planter boxes to the frame by drilling pilot holes and then driving the screws into the wood. Make sure the boxes are securely fastened to the frame.
Step 4: Sand and Finish
Once the frame and planter boxes are securely attached, sand the wood to make it smooth. Apply a sealant or stain to protect the wood and give it a finished look.
Creating a three tier planter out of wood is a great way to add a decorative touch to your outdoor space. With the right tools and materials, you can easily make a beautiful planter to enjoy in your garden.
1. Gather Materials: You will need wood (1×4, 1×8, 1×12, and plywood or 1/4-inch hardwood boards), screws, glue, sandpaper, exterior paint or stain, and a drill and saw.
2. Cut the Wood: Cut the 1×4, 1×8, 1×12, and plywood or 1/4-inch hardwood boards into the following pieces: two 12-inch long boards, two 11-inch long boards, two 10-inch long boards, four 9-inch long boards, two 8-inch long boards, and two 7-inch long boards.
3. Assemble the Base: Begin with the two 12-inch boards. Attach the two 11-inch boards to the 12-inch boards using screws and glue. Then, attach the 10-inch boards to the 11-inch boards using screws and glue. Repeat this process for the four 9-inch boards.
4. Attach the Sides: Place the 8-inch boards on the inside of the 9-inch boards and attach them using screws and glue. Then, attach the 7-inch boards to the 8-inch boards using screws and glue.
5. Assemble the Top and Bottom: Place the bottom of the planter on a flat surface. Then, attach the plywood or 1/4-inch hardwood boards to the sides with screws and glue. Finally, attach the top of the planter to the sides with screws and glue.
6. Sand and Paint/Stain: Use sandpaper to sand any rough edges or surfaces. Then, apply a coat of exterior paint or stain. Allow the paint or stain to dry completely before continuing.
7. Place Plants: Place plants in the planter and enjoy your new three-tiered planter!
How to Save Money on Garden Planters: DIY Ideas for Making Your Own Planters
DIY Ideas for Making Your Own Planters
1. Use recycled materials. Reusing old furniture and household items can be a great way to create garden planters. You can use an old dresser or other piece of furniture to create a planter. Or use a plastic storage container, a bucket, an old tire or even an old boot.
2. Repurpose household items. You can make planters out of old kitchenware like teapots, colanders, and other pieces of pottery. You can also use old tin cans or even old bottles to create planters.
3. Make your own planter. If you’re handy with a hammer and saw, you can make your own wooden planter. You can also use a plastic storage tub and add some holes in the bottom to create a makeshift planter.
4. Use plants as planters. If you’re looking for a more natural-looking planter, you can use plants like ferns, ivy, and other climbing plants to create a planter.
5. Buy planters in bulk. Buying planters in bulk can help you save money. Look for discount planters in online stores or at local home improvement stores.
3 Tier Wooden Planter Box – Perfect for Indoor & Outdoor Gardening
This 3 Tier Wooden Planter Box is perfect for both indoor and outdoor gardening. It is made of high-quality fir wood with a natural finish, making it durable and stylish. The planter box has three tiers and is designed to fit most standard size plants and flowers. The bottom tier is especially deep and can accommodate taller plants. It also includes four removable plastic trays for easy drainage and cleaning. The planter box is easy to assemble and comes with all the necessary hardware. It is perfect for creating a beautiful and lush garden in your home or garden.
This guide for how to make a three tier planter is a great resource for anyone looking to create a beautiful, functional garden centerpiece. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the materials list is comprehensive. Overall, this guide provides everything you need to make a stunning planter for your outdoor space. I recommend that you take the time to measure your space and plan ahead to ensure your planter will fit perfectly. Good luck and happy planting!
1. Start by gathering the materials: wood, screws, and tools.
2. Cut the wood into four pieces, two pieces for the bottom tier and two pieces for the top tier.
3. Assemble the bottom tier by screwing the four pieces of wood together.
4. Measure and cut the two pieces for the second tier, making sure the pieces are slightly wider than the bottom tier.
5. Assemble the second tier by screwing it onto the first tier.
6. Measure and cut the two pieces for the top tier, making sure the pieces are slightly wider than the second tier.
7. Attach the top tier to the second tier using screws.
8. Sand and paint the planter as desired.
9. Add soil and plants to the tiers and enjoy your planter!