Making a paper towel holder is a great project for any woodworker. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned pro, you can make a great paper towel holder with a few tools and some basic woodworking skills. In this guide, we’ll show you step-by-step how to make a sturdy and attractive paper towel holder out of wood.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
For this project, you will need the following materials:
• Wood: Your choice of hardwood or softwood, such as pine, oak, or cherry.
• Drill: A drill and a set of drill bits are essential for making holes in the wood.
• Screws/Nails: You’ll need screws or nails for assembling the paper towel holder.
• Saw: For cutting the wood to the desired size and shape.
• Sandpaper: For smoothing the edges of the wood.
• Stain/Paint: To finish the paper towel holder.
Step 2: Cut the Wood
Using a saw, cut the wood into two pieces. The first piece should be slightly larger than the size of the paper towel roll, and the second piece should be slightly smaller.
Step 3: Drill Holes
Using a drill, make two holes in the larger piece of wood. These holes should be slightly larger than the screws/nails you are using.
Step 4: Assemble the Holder
Now it’s time to assemble the holder. Place the smaller piece of wood on top of the larger piece and line up the holes. Insert the screws/nails through the holes and into the smaller piece of wood.
Step 5: Sand and Finish
Once the holder is assembled, use sandpaper to smooth the edges and any rough spots. Then, use a stain or paint to finish the paper towel holder.
Making a paper towel holder is a great woodworking project for any skill level. With a few tools and some basic woodworking skills, you can create a sturdy and attractive paper towel holder. We hope this guide has helped you learn how to make a paper towel holder. Good luck, and happy woodworking!
1. Choose the type of wood you would like to use to make the paper towel holder.
2. Cut the wood to the desired size and shape using a saw.
3. Sand the wood to create a smooth surface.
4. Measure and mark where the holes will be drilled to mount the paper towel holder to the wall.
5. Drill the holes using an electric drill.
6. Finish the wood with paint, stain, or varnish.
7. Attach the holder to the wall using screws.
8. Place the paper towel roll onto the holder.
DIY Paper Towel Rack: How to Make a Simple Hanger Rack
This project is simple and can be completed in a few steps.
-Paper Towel Roll
Step 1: Measure the length of the paper towel roll and mark the center point with a pencil.
Step 2: Measure and mark the center point of the wall where you want to hang the rack.
Step 3: Place the paper towel roll over the center point and use a ruler to draw a line on the wall, about an inch above the top of the roll. This will be the top of the hanger.
Step 4: Measure and mark the distance between the two center points, and then draw two more lines on the wall, one on either side of the original line. These will be the two lines where the hooks will be placed.
Step 5: Place the hooks along the two lines and use a screwdriver to tighten them.
Step 6: Hang the paper towel roll on the hooks.
Step 7: Enjoy your new DIY paper towel rack!
DIY Ideas: How to Re-Purpose Paper Towel Holders
Re-purposing paper towel holders can be a great way to add a unique touch to your home decor or to add extra storage to any room. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Create a floating shelf. Use a paper towel holder as a base to create a unique floating shelf. Paint it to match the decor of the room and add a few shelves to the top for a stylish and functional way to display items in any room.
2. Make a key holder. Turn an old paper towel holder into an easy way to keep your keys organized. Paint it to match the decor of your entryway and add a few hooks so that all your keys have a home.
3. Organize your makeup brushes. Glue several paper towel holders together and paint them to create a unique way to organize your makeup brushes. Use the individual holders to easily separate your brushes by type and keep your bathroom countertop looking neat and tidy.
4. Create a magazine rack. Turn an old paper towel holder into a stylish magazine rack. Paint it and add a few shelves to the top. This is a great way to keep your magazines organized and off the floor.
5. Make a spice rack. Glue several paper towel holders together and paint them to create a unique way to store your spices. Use the holders to keep your spices separate and easily accessible.
6. Organize your jewelry. Use a paper towel holder to keep your jewelry organized. Paint it and add a few hooks to the top. This is a great way to keep your necklaces, rings, and bracelets organized and off the countertop.
Buy Bed Bath & Beyond Paper Towel Holders | Shop Now!
Bed Bath & Beyond offers a range of paper towel holders to suit any style and décor. Their selection includes wall-mounted, over-the-cabinet, countertop, and freestanding holders. Many of the holders are made from durable stainless steel, and many are designed to coordinate with the other items in the kitchen. Most of the paper towel holders come with a manufacturer’s warranty. Prices range from around $15 to $50 depending on the design and construction materials.
Buy a Space-Saving Under Cabinet Paper Towel Holder | Get Organised
The Buy a Space-Saving Under Cabinet Paper Towel Holder | Get Organised is a great way to keep your paper towels within easy reach. This holder is designed to fit under cabinets for easy access and to save space in your kitchen. It is made of durable steel with a chrome finish, and includes a slide-out tray for easy refilling. The holder can accommodate any size of paper towels, and features a non-skid base to keep it securely in place. The holder is easy to install, and can be mounted on a wall or cabinet with the included mounting hardware. It is perfect for anyone who wants to keep their paper towels within easy reach, while also saving space in their kitchen.
Buy a Free Standing Paper Towel Holder – Shop Now!
A free standing paper towel holder is a convenient way to keep paper towels nearby in any room of the house. The holder is typically a metal stand, with a weighted base and a vertical rod for holding the paper towels. Some models have a weighted base to ensure the holder won’t tip over, while others have a more decorative design. There are a variety of styles and finishes to choose from, including brushed nickel, chrome, and stainless steel, as well as decorative models with intricate designs. Prices range from $10 to $50 depending on the style and finish.
This guide was extremely helpful in providing detailed instructions on how to make a paper towel holder. The instructions were easy to understand and follow, and the illustrations provided were very helpful. I would highly recommend this guide to anyone looking to make their own paper towel holder.
1. Begin by assembling the materials you will need for the project: wood, a drill, screws, and a paper towel holder.
2. Cut the wood pieces to the desired size and shape.
3. Use the drill to make holes in the wood pieces for the screws.
4. Secure the screws into the holes to attach the pieces together.
5. Attach the paper towel holder to the top of the wood pieces.
6. Sand down the edges and surfaces of the wood pieces to give them a smooth finish.
7. Apply a sealant or finish to protect the wood and make it look more attractive.
8. Finally, hang the paper towel holder in the desired location.